In this section we are discussion Computer software.
In this section we are going to present you detailed introduction to the software. You will get to know the detailed introduction of the software and its importance in computer world. Software adds life into the computer. With the help of software you can take full advantage of the modern computer.
Brief introduction to Software
The Computer Software or simply Software is collection of instruction to the computer to do some work. These instruction are written following certain syntax and semantics called the software language. The software program or instructions are converted into the machine language before execution. The example of computer software are:
- Application Software: Which is used to
develop the software for end user. Example of such software is
Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word, Firefox etc.
- Programming Language: These are used to
write software and compile it into machine instruction. Example
such software is C, C++, C#, .NET, Flex etc.
- System Software: These software are used to
manage the the hardware resources. The example of System
software is Operating Systems such as Linux, Unix, Windows etc.
- Testware: These are special software used
to test the hardware or software.
- Device Drivers: The device drivers are used
to control the computer parts such as microphone, USB Drives,
Hard Disk, CD Drives, Lan Cards etc.
- Programming Tools: The programming tool such as Visual C++, Eclipse IDE etc. are used to develop, compile and test the software applications.