This section contains the detail about the Generating PDF with PHP.
Generate PDF with PHP
In this tutorial you will learn how to generate PDF with PHP in a PHP web application. FPDF is a PHP class that allows you to generate PDF files without using the PDFlib library. FPDF is free and can be downloaded from the official website's download section or click here . The download package contains all necessary files that used generate the PDF.
In this tutorial use 'pdffile.php' file and 'fpdf16' folder for PDFlib library. The code of 'pdffile.php' given below :
<?php require('fpdf16/fpdf.php'); $pdf=new FPDF(); $pdf->AddPage(); $pdf->SetFont('Times','I',16); $pdf->Cell(0,10,'Hello World!'); $pdf->Output(); ?>
In the 'pdffile.php' file :
- First we have included the fpdf library in our file.
- Then we have created a new instance of FPDF class.
- Next we add a blank page in pdf document.
- Next we have set the page font.
- Finally we have created a cell with parameters width, height and content.
- Then We will output it to the browser.
Download Source Code